Trauma can make relationships tricky, particularly when we depend on those who hurt us to be part of our healing.
If past hurts and traumatic experiences make it difficult to feel safe and connected with the people you care about, this episode is for you. I share a few non-expert insights on trauma, healing, and finding security and peace even when the people who hurt us aren’t able to fully comprehend their impact on us.
My life’s experiences have taught me that:
- Trauma isn’t about what happened, it’s about how you feel about what happened
- The person who hurt you can’t heal you
- Intent does not equal impact
- A loving witness can help you with your healing
- You can have compassion and understanding without tolerating unacceptable behavior