Have you ever wanted to give a friend some relationship advice that you weren’t sure that they were ready to hear? What if you’re that person?
Listen to this week’s episode for some relatable examples of what happens when we focus on problems we can’t solve in our relationships and what to do instead.
Has your view of what makes a happy relationship changed with experience?
What if you’re focused on making your relationship better and you feel like nothing is changing, or things are even getting worse?
If you focus on:
- Correcting your partner’s character flaws
- Creating more shared activities, and
- Doing conflict the “right way”
at the expense of embracing the fact that two imperfect people can have a perfectly happy relationship, you’ll find yourself stuck in unnecessary frustration and discouragement.
Related episodes you might want to listen to if you liked this episode…
- The Misguided Goal Of Conflict Resolution with Laura Silverstein
- Avoiding Relationship Gridlock with Patty Mohler