Every couple has irreconcilable differences in their relationship. Often these issues are avoided or result in frequent arguments and disagreements.
In this episode, Janika Veasley joins us to talk about managing perpetual conflict without sweeping things under the rug or constantly caving to your partner’s preferences and perspectives. We discuss the nuances of compromise and the difference between agreeing to disagree and putting a band aid on our differences.
To constructively address any perpetual conflict, you need to first understand its cause. Under every gridlocked issue is a dream or hope that is unfulfilled. Uncovering the dreams within a conflict is a very effective way to create more understanding and less friction in your relationships.
Listen to the episode to hear how you can find the dream within a conflict and other great tips for disagreeing without losing your friendship.
Connect with our guest Janika Veasley:
- Website: www.amavitherapy.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/janikaveasleylmft
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/janikaveasleylmft
Related episodes you might want to listen to if you liked this episode…
- Four Destructive Relationship Habits (Gottman’s Four Horsemen)
- The Worst Time for Conflict (Understanding Emotional Flooding)
- The Key To Deepening your Relationship (Principle 1 – Enhance your Love Maps)
- The Foundation of Affection (Principle 2 – Nurture your Fondness & Admiration)
- The Recipe for Connection (Principle 3 – Turn Toward Each Other Instead of Away)
- To Offer & Receive Influence (Principle 4 – Let Your Partner Influence You)
- The Misguided Goal of Conflict Resolution (Understanding Solvable & Perpetual Problems)
- Conscious in Conflict (Principle 5 – Solve Your Solvable Problems)